In this article
Wondering how to treat dry skin? Well, dry skin is the most frequently mentioned skin problem by everyone. You might have experienced the roughness of skin, commonly in winter. This is a very widespread skin condition that does not require much care. However, dry skin can cause severe skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, scaly patches, etc., if left untreated.
Such skin problems can cause dry skin patches. If you see dry, scaly, or red patches on the skin that cause itchiness and discomfort, you must not delay taking a dry skin patches treatment. The dermatologist will examine your skin condition and prescribe topical medications, antibiotics, topical antiseptics, etc.
Some people suffer from dry skin in the winter, while others struggle with it all year round. Sometimes, you may experience dry skin on the face only. It can be challenging to find a cure for dry skin. In severe cases, it makes the person irritated and may cause your daily life challenging as dry skin face is a common skin problem that could be very itchy. Finding the proper body lotion or oil to combat this issue can be troublesome.
The symptoms of dry skin may include flaky skin, burning skin, wrinkled skin, and red patches of itchy skin. In addition, dry skin can get infected with bacteria from cuts and openings, which can be painful at times.
Understanding Dry Skin Causes
Dry skin can affect the whole body, or it can occur in targeted areas. It can make the skin look dull, itchy, and rough. In addition, too much scratching can leave prominent marks on the skin. The list of problems this skin condition faces can go a long way, so let's see some of the common causes of dry skin and how some dry skin beauty tips can help you. The underlying causes of dry skin can vary from person to person, but a few are listed below.
- Direct exposure to heat: Long hours of skin exposure to sunlight, sitting near fireplaces in winter, exposure to furnaces at workplaces, etc., makes the skin very dry by dehydrating all the water content of the skin.
- Climatic conditions: The problem of dry skin is most common during winters because of the cold weather and deficient humidity levels. It is also a common problem for people living in very hot or desert areas because the body uses all the water content through the skin to maintain the hydration process.
- Skin conditions: Some people's skin types are dry, and they face dry skin issues throughout the year. It is seen that people affected by eczema and psoriasis are likely to suffer from dry skin.
- Medical conditions: Possibly, the cause of dry skin can be because of medication that dehydrates the skin during chemotherapy. During cancer treatment, people tend to get affected by dry skin.
- Harsh cosmetics: Using particular types of soap, shampoos, and other cosmetic items can cause dry skin for some people.
- Age-related issues: As people age, the body's natural oil production gets reduced because of the loosening and thinning of the skin, making the skin dry and dull.
- Other conditions: Taking hot showers for long durations and scrubbing a lot during bathing can dry the skin as the body's natural oils get washed off. Hard water can be one of the causes of dry skin. Therefore, one should only bathe once or twice daily and not for a prolonged period.
- Hydration, nutrition, and diet: Not getting proper nutrition from food, not having meals on time, crash diets, or not staying hydrated, can affect skin health. It can be the leading cause of dry skin. A balanced diet and proper hydration are essential for healthy skin. You must drink 12 to 14 glasses of water during the day and consume lots of fruits, vegetables, dark leafy greens, olive oil, etc. Avoid caffeine, high sodium intake, and fried and baked foods.
Home Remedies vs. Cosmetic Products for dry skincare tips at home
Dry skin can be cured by just using some dry skin care tips at home, which you must have heard of. However, using home remedies can be time-consuming as it needs a bit of preparation. Still, it can be more beneficial as natural remedies have minute to no side effects and are way cheaper than expensive cosmetic products. Though cosmetics are readily available and can be helpful, too, you need to be wise when choosing them for dry skin treatment. It all depends upon the person who is using it.
You will need a mix of home remedies and cosmetic products to keep your skin smooth and soft. In your skincare routine, you will need a face wash, toner, make-up products, and so on, but you must follow the dry skin foundation tips and use a moisturizer, serum, and so on that is suitable for dry skin. Moisturizing is an essential part of the skincare routine, so how moisturize dry skin? Just choose a moisturizer, dry and sensitive skin type that has antioxidants, green tea, glycerin, aloe vera, propylene glycol, proteins, vitamin C, etc., that you can apply. Simultaneously, consider adding home remedies to your skin routine for great benefits.
Top 10 Natural, DIY Home Remedies for Dry Skin Care
Here is a list of the top 10 natural home remedies or dry skin tips that can help you achieve that smooth and supple look.
Honey: Honey works by locking the skin's moisture and keeping it hydrated. It has anti-inflammatory properties as well. Rubbing honey helps to moisturize dry skin and other affected areas. Just apply it to the skin and leave it for 30-40 minutes, followed by washing or bathing with warm water.
Coconut oil: Using coconut oil after showers on moist skin keeps the body moisturized and gives relief from dry skin. It moisturizes dry skin naturally, so you can also apply coconut oil all over the affected area before bed. Coconut oil helps water stay on the skin for an extended period and works as a natural moisturizer.
Aloe Vera Gel: Aloe vera gel helps maintain the skin's elasticity by hydrating it. Overusing can make the skin even drier, so you should be cautious about the quantity and frequency of using aloe vera gel. Aloe Vera gel is enriched with Vitamin A, C, E, and B12 which are beneficial for skin health. You can use it in the morning or at night. If the skin is very oily, then you can use it both times during the day.
Oatmeal: One can cook oatmeal without sugar, let it cool and apply it to your skin, sit for 40-50 minutes, and wash it off or take a warm bath. It is found in a study that oatmeal consists of anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties, which can help treat dry skin.
Yogurt: You can use a mixture of honey and yogurt and apply it on your face or affected area, leave it for 20-30 minutes and wash with cool water. Yogurt is a commonly used skin hydrant, and it contains lactic acid, which helps fight bacterial infections caused by dry skin. In addition, it hydrates dry skin and keeps it soft and supple.
Avocado: Use avocado paste mixed with honey and apply it to the skin. Leave for 30- 45 minutes and wash it off with cool water. Avocado consists of biotins and B-complex, which is beneficial for dry skin.
Cucumber: Applying cucumber paste or juice leaving for 15 minutes and washing it off with warm or cool water can help hydrate the skin as cucumber is 96% water and is packed with nutrients and antioxidants.
Neem leaves: one can make a neem mask, apply it to the skin, and leave it on for 20 minutes. One can even use neem oil. Neem hydrates the skin and gives a cooling effect which is helpful for dry skin.
Glycerin: applying glycerin with rose water for ten minutes on dry skin and washing off with lukewarm water followed with a moisturizer gives better results. Glycerin works by locking natural skin moisture preventing drying of the skin.
Milk cream: Apply milk cream with honey, leave it for 20 minutes, and wash it with water. Milk cream works as a natural moisturizer and helps get rid of dry skin.
Top 3 Skincare Products for Dry Skincare
A well-nourished skin is the dream of many that can be achieved by using the best skincare products. Here are three amazing products that you can add to your skincare routine for dry skin. These products are made of natural ingredients and dermatologically tested to give the required hydration to your skin. Let’s check these out.
- biocule Aqua Boost Hydrating Serum: It is a water-based serum that boosts hydration and leaves the skin soft & plump. It consists of a Silicium complex of Hyaluronic acid, providing deeper hydration and improving skin elasticity. In addition, the Saccharide Isomerate from corn kernels gives long-lasting hydration for up to 72 hours which prevents dry skin. This light water gel is for all skin types that helps to moisturize dehydrated skin. It targets dryness and retains the moisture of the skin.
- biocule Aqua Boost Hydrating Toner: The biocule toner contains hyaluronic acid, pentavitin, and citrulline from natural sugars, watermelon, and corns. It improves the natural moisturizing factor and instantly hydrates the dull skin, making it soft and calm. The toner strengthens the skin barrier to achieve balanced and nourished skin. It has Cucumber, Aloe Vera, Rosewater that gives a fresh feeling to your skin.
- biocule Ever Glow Radiance Serum: It is made of natural ingredients like Fruit AHAs, Vitamin C & Hyaluronic Acid. It promotes collagen synthesis to hydrate your skin. It is rich in antioxidants and exfoliates the skin very gently. Thus, you get beautiful and clear skin at the end of the day with no dryness.
Having dry skin is a common problem and may be challenging for some people. Still, it can be avoided by minimizing exposure to heat, applying a good moisturizer, adopting a healthy lifestyle, taking proper nutrition, maintaining adequate hydration, and following a healthy sleep regime. These simple measures can help prevent dry skin problems and give you that fantastic radiant look for which you aspire curiously.
Experience the best face serum with biocule Aqua Boost Hydrating Serum made of 100 percent natural ingredients. It is designed to give complete nourishment to dry skin without causing any side effects. So, order now, and you too can have beautiful glowing skin.
- 0 Sources
Biocule has strict sourcing guidelines and relies on peer-reviewed studies, academic research institutions, and medical associations. We avoid using tertiary references. You can learn more about how we ensure our content is accurate and current by reading our editorial policy.
we make your mailbox beautiful too
If you want any more advice, we are here to help. Chat with us and we will help you uncover the best solution to your beauty goals.